SUSTEP Short-Term Program at a glance:
- One semester program at SUSTEP graduate program (Autumn semester, October 2013-March 2014)
- Classes and supervision in English
- Diverse topics related to environmental sciences and policy: water quality, water treatment, water resource management, disaster management, forest and agricultural management, waste management, environmental economics, environmental policy, landscape planning, urban and regional planning, remote sensing, public health, etc..
- Tuition fee exempted.
- Scholarship JPY80,000 per month for seven months, funded by the Japan Student Support Organization, JASSO (Note that travel expenses not covered)
- Student accommodation provided.
- Participants are requested to arrive at Narita either on September 24 or 25.
- Important eligibilities:
- Degree-seeking graduate student at UTM
- Good academic performance
- Fluent in English
- Research topic related to SUSTEP academic staff
For choosing a desired academic advisor, please refer to the staff list at the SUSTEP website: http://www2.envr.tsukuba.ac.jp/eng/faculty-research