1. Dr Kei Saito has submitted a research proposal to The Toyota Foundation Research Grant. The topic of his research is “Fundamental Study on Housing Area Design Method for Low Environment Load in Tropic: Development of Spatial Database and Urban Greenery Impact”. The result of the grant will be known in September 2010.
2. Dr Sirima NaSongkla is appointed as a guest crit in the international professional workshop in urban planning and design competition in Vietnam during June 9-12. The workshop is organized by the French Association of Urbanism (Cergy-Pontoise Les Ateliers).
3. Dr Mohd Hisyam Rasidi and Dr Ismail Said will be going to Hiroshima University from 16th May to 18th June 2010 to attend the Exchange Program for East Asian Young Researchers organized by Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation of Hiroshima University. During their stay at the university, they will conducting a research with Dr Muhammad Tetsu Kubota and delivering four lectures to graduate students at the school.
4. Three undergraduates (Baohan, Muhammad Arif bin Wahab Udin and Teo Kien Hee) from Bachelor of Landscape Architecture programme are currently doing their intership at LandArt Shanghai in Shanghai. The two months intership begins from 2nd May to 30th June 2010. Last Sunday, they had the opportunity to attend the Expo 2010 Shanghai China.
5. Dr. Hamidah Ahmad will be attending the 1st Conference on Islamic Urban Heritage in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from 22nd to 28th May 2010. The title of her paper is ” Taiping : Heritage Town Landscape Masterplan”.