The Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Faculty of Built Environment had its first public lecture entitled “Scenario Planning for Iskandar Malaysia” by Ajunct Prof., Y.Bhg. Datuk Prof. Ismail bin Ibrahim, Chief Executive, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) on 9 October 2014. The lecture was held at Convention Hall, B12, Faculty of Built Environment and was attended by students and academic staff of the Department of Urban and Regional Planning and other faculties in the University. The lecture was essentially an introduction to Scenario Planning and specifically, the “Oxford Approach” to Scenario Planning. During the lecture it was emphasized that scenario planning sets out what may or could happen in the future based on today’s observation. It is an alternative “future context” based on current realities and that scenarios are used for intervention. It was further emphasized that understanding the client and client’s needs are crucial for a purposeful intervention – “best fit to the client’s need”. This was Datuk Prof. Ismail’s first lecture for academic session 2014/2015 and his third for 2014.
- Pelajar FABU dalami teknologi rekabentuk dan pembinaan, telusuri tinggalan sejarah senibina tamadun di India
- Pelajar FABU bantu pulihara ekosistem hutan paya laut.
- New article released on Ain Shams Engineering Journal (ASEJ)
- New article released on GPS Solution (Springer Nature)
- UTM-PLANMalaysia MOU
- PERASMIAN MAKMAL SATELIT FORENSIK GEOSPATIAL BUKTI KERJASAMA ERAT UTM-PDRM
- Opportunities for future collaboration between UTM and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU).
- Syarahan Perdana 7 November 2022
- Geoinformation Bulletin Series
- Welcome to the new undergraduate students 2022/2023