The Centre for Innovative Planning and Development (CIPD), Faculty of Built Environment will be organising a half-day seminar on Korean Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) on Wednesday, 22 August 2007 at 9:00 am. The seminar will be held at the Seminar Room, Faculty of Built Environment.
The seminar will be given by Mr. Park Wan-Yong, Vice President of Kunhwa Co. Ltd., Korea. This is a free seminar opened to all students, academicians and practioners whom would like to learn the Korean experience in performing a Traffic Impact Assessment.
New land use/infrastructure development may adversely affect existing transportation system and network. A detailed Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) is, therefore, crucial to identify these potentially negative effects so proper mitigation actions can be proposed and carried out. Thus, the main objective of the Seminar is to provide the participants with greater understanding on the role and importance of traffic impact assessment, with case study in Korea.
- 9.00 am – 9.30 am – Registration
- 9.30 am – 10.00 am – Opening Remarks Prof. Kwang Sik Kim, Universiti Teknologi MalaysiaDirector, CIPD
- 10.00 am – 12.00 noon – Paper Presentation : Korea Traffic Impact AssessmentMr. Park Wan-Yong Vice President Kunhwa Co. Ltd.702-22 Yuksam-Dong gangnam-GuSeoul, Korea
- 12.00 noon – 12.30 pm – Question and Answer Session
- 12.30 pm – 1.00 pm – Lunch