The Centre for Innovative Planning and Development (CIPD) is a Centre of Excellent (CoE) based at the Faculty of Built Environment, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). Its role is to spearhead research and development (R&D) in urban and regional planning and development with a clear focus on nurturing innovation within an interdisciplinary platform. The Centre shall also play a leading role in fostering effective partnerships between academia, policy makers, NGOs and local communities in the search for new paradigms and approaches to create a sustainable built environment.
The value of the Centre is in alignment with the aspiration of the faculty and the university to be a leading research university and to achieve a world-class university stature.
The vision of the Centre is now: “To be a leading international research centre for innovative planning and development in the built environment.”
More specifically the Centre aims:
- To provide high quality, multi-disciplinary, multi-facet approach to doing research in built environment;
- To develop innovative knowledge, advanced technological and policy solutions for sustainable planning and development;
- To promote a local, national and international networking among the academics and practitioners.
To achieve the vision and objectives of the Centre, the main missions are as follows:
- Develop innovative and sustainable knowledge and technology in built environment.
- Collaborate with local, national and international research institutes and government agencies to promote sustainable planning and development.
- Disseminate experience and knowledge of innovative planning and development.
- Key Research Area under each COEs or Research Group
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Tourism Planning & Management
- Rural Planning & Development
- Logistic & Transportation Planning
- GIS & Remote Sensing
- Sustainable Planning & Development
- Environmental Planning & Management
- Urban Design and Conservation
- New Regional Corridor Development
For further information, please contact:
Block B12, Level 4,
Faculty of Built Environment
81310 UTM, Johor Bahru, Johor
Tel : +607-5557338
Fax : +607-5530623